Tournament Details Page!
Fewell Park Disc Golf Day - August 28, 2010
Tied 1st place*
playoff on 5th playoff hole
Scorecards - Scans
of the scorecards from the tournament
Boardcards - Scans
of the cards used for the leader board.
NONE... Unfortunately the digital camera was destroyed by water
damage while inside Bob's disc golf bag before any pictures were
- 4 Player's Packs - Bi-Lo card, Ryan's card, drink bottles, mini
marker, other misc items
- 1st Place Women's - brand new Innova Disc Golf bag
- 1st Place Youth - gift card
- 1st Place Men's Intermediate (tied) - Sonny's Gift Certificate
- Sportsmanship - Pro Dart
- Overall CTP (round 1) - gift card
- Women's CTP (round 2) - Star Kite
- Youth CTP (round 2) - gift card
- On my 3rd drive of the event, I aced #18, which was the CTP
hole for the round! It was an intentional ace attempt as I had
a rough morning and had decided to "go for it". Launching
a Destroyer at that speed, downhill, with the road OB shortly
behind the pin could have been really bad, but fortunately it
hit (and stayed in) the target.
- I was quite surprised to hear that I'd tied for 1st in Intermediate
as I didn't think I was playing well and my attention had been
so much on the kids for both rounds. So I found myself in a playoff
where neither player really cared to be in it, but it turned out
to be fun & interesting anyway - particularly on the 4rd playoff
hole where it favored the backhanded player who was 5' from the
pin after the drive while I found myself about 50' from the pin,
behind 4 large trees. I made the putt! On the 5th hole, I nearly
aced it, but the miss landed on the side and rolled far away,
allowing the other player to take the hole and the playoff win
- Each family member had a significant moment during the day when
frustration hit hard and it was a challenge to continue. Tori
hit a tree fairly early on which took her disc well out of the
fairway. I was sick to my stomach and playing miserably in the
warmups. Debbie hit a tree and went backwards on a hole she's
previously aced. Christian was worn out and hurting from wearing
shoes a bit too small. Each of us overcame our obstacle and had
a great time afterwards.
- Christian won the youth CTP in round 1 beating Victoria's throw
by only a foot. Victoria had the CTP in round 2, but another youth
boy's throw rolled about a foot past hers.
- I was inches from a sweet skip-ace, but unfortunately, it skipped
a bit too well and went slightly over the basket, into the wooded
ditch below. Victoria didn't mind though as she birdied this hole
that I was then forced to take a par on.
- Debbie overheard one of the youth boys (13 yrs old) respond
to "How'd you do?" with "I lost to a 4-yr old."
- Going into this tournament, I'd been practicing backhand approaching
and this would be my first test. The first round I got a 47, which
was good, but I knew I could do better. Going into the 2nd round,
I knew I needed to play even better as there were a couple ladies
close behind me on the scoreboard. Having all 2s except for 5
3s, this was the best round of disc golf I've ever played. My
score of 41 beat one of the pro men's score!
- I won the women's CTP on hole #6 despite overshooting it. I
was not even that far off from beating the guys on the pro CTP
- Other memorable events were: seeing Bob ace #18, and watching
Christian win the youth division.
- I'm kinda glad my class was cancelled today so that I could
be here at this tournament today with my family.